Thursday, June 09, 2005

some favorite quotes...


"life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away" -anonymous

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..." -Jack Kerouac


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. -Unknown

"For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. Happiness is a journey, not a destination." -Souza
~
And my all time Favorite:

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn-out, shouting,
"Holy shit! What a ride!" -Unknown

3 comments:

Zube said...

Oh Peg! I lurve that last one, too! Great quotes!

Anonymous said...

"money don't make me, I make money"

Mike Briganti circa 1974

I always liked this one

kasey said...

Great quotes! Here's mine:

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
~ Anais Nin