Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Jung, Myers-Briggs and me...

Ever taken a personality test? Probably... sometime in your life. Whether it was a Myers-Briggs in the course of your career development or one of those "let's get to know you" emails that show up in your inbox every... oh... couple of HOURS!

Well, perhaps it's the dreary weather today and the boredom that inflicts... but I'm in one of those moods. And it appears my online Posse' (that would my "Gurls" who email-tag each other all day/every day while we're supposed to be working) feels the same.

I took the HUMANMETRICS Jung Typology Test and it tells me that I'm a ESFJ (Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging personality).

"Guardians of birthdays, holidays and celebrations, ESFJs are generous entertainers. They enjoy and joyfully observe traditions and are liberal in giving, especially where custom prescribes... All else being equal, ESFJs enjoy being in charge.
... ESFJs are easily wounded. And when wounded, their emotions will not be contained. They by nature "wear their hearts on their sleeves," often exuding warmth and bonhomie, but not infrequently boiling over with the vexation of their souls. Some ESFJs channel these vibrant emotions into moving dramatic performances on stage and screen. "

Okay... you got me! Pretty damned close, yep.
However, I don't really identify with the examples of famous ESFJs they list (Bill Clinton... I may hurl!) but some of the fictional ones are cool:

Leonard "Bones" McCoy (Star Trek) - definitely!
Monica (Friends) - I guess
Haleh (ER) - ? (don't watch it enough to agree or disagree)
Donald Duck - this one worries me!
Rabbit, Winnie the Pooh - Yes, I can see that.

If you take the test... be sure to go to TypeLogic to read the discription of your type. And please come back here and let me know how your test went! This stuff is so cool.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey Peg, I'm Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging TOO! :) And it pretty well describes me as well (particularly celebrations).

Zube said...

I'm an eNFp, so says the test!

It pretty well sums me up, too.

Anonymous said...

ENTP....we answer the questions, and question the answers....seems about right

peg said...

Hey 3!
Just couldn't resist could you???
Okay, I will have to post the url for the IQ test next.
peg