Thursday, September 21, 2006

gotta...catch...a...breath....

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy, busy, busy!
But I'm feeling much better than that last post.
School (Massage Therapy) began on Sept. 6th. Three nights a week until the end of February, then Anatomy will be over and it will be 2 nights a week. I had my first test in Massage Theory class on Monday. I got a 96! Well, at first I got a 100... but when we went over it I found where the teacher had missed one incorrect answer. She thanked me for my honesty. Damnit! I wanted that 100! My first Anatomy test is next Wednesday..... eeeek!
I'm surprised at how much I actually remember from high school Health and Biology classes. But I have a feeling it's going to get more challenging!
All in all, I'm enjoying classes very much so far.

On top of 3 classes/week for Massage Therapy, I've been involved in RAD Classes on Tuesdays.
RAD stands for Rape, Aggression, Defense. If you've never heard of RAD, please check out their website.

From the website:

a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. R.A.D. is not a Martial Arts program.

Why R.A.D.?

  • R.A.D. is the largest network of its kind with over 7000 Instructors receiving training in our systems to date. These Instructors teach at various colleges, universities, and municipal law enforcement agencies as well as various other community organizations internationally. R.A.D. has trained more than 300,000 women since the program began in 1989.
  • R.A.D. is the only existing program with a free lifetime return and practice policy, honored throughout both the US and Canada.
  • R.A.D. has developed specialized simulation techniques and equipment for use by certified R.A.D. instructors.
  • R.A.D. is the only self defense program ever endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
  • Lawrence N. Nadeau, Director of Instructional Development and Founder.

Here is my rendition of our beloved instructor
Sgt. Yummy (a.k.a. "Hunk-o-Cop")

purrrrrr!

No comments: