Friday, January 23, 2009

O-fortuna soundtrack for BDSM?

As I've mentioned, O, Fortuna is one of my favorites. I was surfing itunes today looking for different versions to download. It occurred to me that it would make the perfect back-drop to an energetic and satisfying bdsm session. This came to me as I realized how the music affected me physically. My pulse quickened, my heart pounded, I felt out of breath. The music touches me in ways I'm not sure I can explain. Yes, I've always enjoyed this piece of music... but it wasn't until today that I actually looked at the english translation of the lyrics. How apropos! The words fit my interpretation beautifully.

Then I read more about Carmina Burana, the musical composition by Carl Orff of which O, Fortuna is a part. The composition is based on 24 poems in the medieval collection Carmina Burana:

The selection covers a wide range of secular topics, as familiar in the 13th century as they are in the 21st century: the fickleness of fortune and wealth, the ephemeral nature of life, the joy of the return of Spring, and the pleasures and perils of drinking, gluttony, gambling and lust.

Ah, Perfect!

Check out the lyrics in the video above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I weren't married, I'd love to give it a try with ya! :-)