Monday, November 28, 2005

Peg's reading list...

Here's what I'm reading right now:

Chocolat by Joanne Harris

A bit of a departure for me... but anything about Chocolate can't be bad!

FROM THE PUBLISHER
Illuminating Peter Mayle's South of France with a touch of Laura Esquivel's magic realism, Chocolat is a timeless novel of a straitlaced village's awakening to joy and sensuality.
In tiny Lansquenet, where nothing much has changed in a hundred years, beautiful newcomer Vianne Rocher and her exquisite chocolate shop arrive and instantly begin to play havoc with Lenten vows. Each box of luscious bonbons comes with a free gift: Vianne's uncanny perception of its buyer's private discontents and a clever, caring cure for them. Is she a witch? Soon the parish no longer cares, as it abandons itself to temptation, happiness, and a dramatic face-off between Easter solemnity and the pagan gaiety of a chocolate festival. Chocolat's every page offers a description of chocolate to melt in the mouths of chocoholics, francophiles, armchair gourmets, cookbook readers, and lovers of passion everywhere. It's a must for anyone who craves an escapist read, and is a bewitching gift for any holiday.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

hey peg,

I'm picking up the new Cornwell book tonight at the library - woohoo!

I'm also reading Michael J Fox's autobio and also a book about marketing for small business LOL

OH and I just finished a John saul and 3 catherine coulters.

peg said...

Oh Lady... I got it from paperbackswap.com a little while ago... but haven't read it yet... I'm only up to Blow Fly.
I have some Coulters up for grabs at paperbackswap too.

Dawn said...

thanks peg - I do too now, but it's easier for me to hit the library usually. Enjoy BLowfly!