Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I can't help but notice...

... how you never really say my name.

No, not like Destiny's Child's. You don't use nicknames either.
You address me directly but never preface it with, well... with anything. The few times you've used "Peg" or "Peggy" it's because you were irritated with me. Well, I guess you have actually called me "Dear" a couple of times but the instances have been few and far between.
And, don't get me wrong, it's not a big deal. It just makes me wonder. What does it mean? Does it MEAN anything? Is it a good thing or is it something to worry about? Is it one of your self-preservation things? And if so, how exactly does it help?
I only bring it up because I love to hear your voice and it would be nice to hear my name on your lips.

Ah, speaking of your lips...

No comments: